Scratch Welcoming Committee
When New Scratchers join the Scratch website, they often have questions.
- What is Scratch, and what can I do with it?
- How do I get started Scratching?
- How can I meet other Scratchers on the website?
The welcoming committee can help answer these questions by welcoming New Scratchers through projects in the welcoming committee gallery.
How can I become a member of the Welcoming Committee?
Any Scratcher can join the Welcoming Committee!
First create a project to welcome New Scratchers. It should...
- Be friendly, welcoming, and enthusiastic.
- Describe something that you like about Scratch.
- Invite New Scratchers to comment on the project to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Then submit your project by leaving a comment with a link on the Welcoming Committee gallery. (See this project to learn how to post a link). A welcoming committee coordinator will view your project and give suggestions for changes until it's ready for the gallery. Once your project is accepted, you’re a member of the Scratch Welcoming Committee!
How will I help New Scratchers?
When someone new registers for Scratch, they’ll see a link to a random welcoming committee project on their My Stuff page. You can help by...
- Replying to their comments on your project
- Answering their questions
- Encouraging them as they begin Scratching
What are some examples of Welcoming Committee projects?
Visit the gallery to see more!
What if I want to opt-out?
If you wish to opt-out of the welcoming committee, tell a welcoming committee coordinator, and they’ll remove your project from the gallery.
Who coordinates the Scratch Welcoming Committee?